The bus on that Hampton film

Lee Bishop

You all remember that Vimeo video of the film shot in Hampton in color?
https://vimeo.com/333139398
At 0:49, we see the only color representations I've ever seen of a Carter County bus before VE day.
Well, I was on a quest to find out the type of busses in that film, to get a model of it for my layout in O scale, I submitted the issue to a O scale forum and someone figured it out. It's a 1939 Dodge front end, with a custom body:

Scratch building the top of the bus body will be a real pain, but the rest shouldn't be too bad, in styrene. I just hope someone makes this truck in 1/43 scale!