Re: Our Town in the Movies: Scenes from Hampton,Tennessee circa 1940

Lee Bishop

Oh my gosh, thanks for posting this! I especially loved the school bus, as I've been trying to determine what a Carter County school bus would have looked like (though I don't think anyone makes such a bus in O scale, though).
As a modeler, this is the kind of stuff people rarely thought to record, and it's a gold mine of info for anyone wanting to do a ET&WNC layout in the 40s!
I had no family in Hampton but my uncles would have been kids at the time, and my parents would have been 4 or 5 at the time, not far away, on Stoney Creek...
Wow!
Lee Bishop
https://www.freewebs.com/willysmb44/modeltrains.htm