Re: A question about road bed.

Tom Grabenstein

Thank you Johnny for this very well thought out contribution to this discussion about roadbed. Also a very good explanation why the pictures we have show the “down in the weeds look.”

The description of the ballast used is also very helpful as I select ballast color.

I will proceed to elevate the On30 track somewhat using Cork roadbed. I will also be researching dark ballast colors to match the tailings from the Cranberry mines.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my request for help. It is greatly appreciated. I will post pictures as this project moves along.

Doc Tom

My contribution to the Clarksville Model Rail Road club.