Re: A question about road bed.

Tom Grabenstein

Frank. Those are some great pictures and I appreciate your input on this subject.

Doc Tom

On Mar 29, 2019, at 8:29 PM, Frank Sergent <fsergent@...> wrote:

Tom,

Here’s a link to some really good pics of the ET with roadbed health clearly visible. Be aware that two of the pics are East Broad Top instead of ET (The one with the #15 engine and the one with the railroad crossing sign). Based on these pictures, it looks to me like the ends of the ties are typically visible on the mainline and the roadbed is elevated (at least on the mainline). I’m certain there are examples otherwise, but drainage is important for any road.

Frank