Re: A question about road bed.

Tom Grabenstein

Thank you all so much for the valuable information and ideas regarding the roadbed of this wonderful
little rail road. I agree that most of the pictures I have seen show the tracks down in the dirt.

Mr Bill Miller provided me with some information that waste rock from the mines at Cranberry was used when the line into Boone was first built……the early 1920’s the era I am hoping to model.

I also enjoyed John’s personal recollections of walking up the tracks “very low in fill.”

So I will probably do both with raised road bed on the new (for 1923) sections I model and down in the weeds and dirt  for the  older historical sections before Cranberry.

Hope this will keep it interesting.