From: ETWNC@groups.io [mailto:ETWNC@groups.io] On Behalf Of Ken Riddle
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:52 PM
To: ETWNC@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ETWNC] East Tennessee Rwy receives $2 Million grant

Isn’t that Clinchfield Carnegie Branch? The narrow gauge track to the furnace is long gone.  Part of it is a street.

On Jan 24, 2019, at 9:23 PM, Andy <aroth12@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi,
Here is an article in the Business Journal that gives more information about the railroad improvements.  A portion of the project will upgrade the tracks along North Broadway Street.

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Government/2019/01/22/TDOT-2.html

Here is another article:

http://bjournal.com/washington-county-wins-2mm-rail-connectivity-grant-from-tdot/