Re: ET Transfer Platform?

NarrowMinded1

Hi Chris,

My mistake, I meant the one in Johnson City. Thanks for the info.

Nathan

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 12:52 AM Chris Ford <chris@...> wrote:
Sorry Nathan, I don't know of a transfer trestle in Elizabethton. But if you're referring to the trestle in the Johnson City yard there are many photos in various publications where the trestle is in the photo but not as the main subject, although the "transfer" end of it can be seen several times in close-ups of coal unloading going on. The last issue of the Stemwinder has one of these photos on the cover, and I'm sure John used it in his Blue Ridge Stemwinder book. If one built a normal coal trestle to the correct length and used the close-up photos to make the loading end then you'd have it.

I wish there was a good photo of the whole trestle that could be used to do a drawing, but I haven't seen it. Don't think anyone has done any drawings of it either. Wish I could help you more. Maybe Johnny Graybeal has some more info.

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 16:43:56 -0800, "NarrowMinded1" wrote:

Does anyone know where I could find pictures and/or drawings of the transfer trestle in Elizabethton? Thanks in advance.
--
Nathan M. Kline
McConnellsburg, PA 17233