Re: McCloud Lumber Co. / Hillbilly World

Rae Augenstein

We moved to SW Va. from Ohio in 1977 when I was a kid. I remember there being a Hillbilly World billboard in Lynn Garden during our shopping trips to Kingsport in the 80s. The board stood out to me because I knew it had to be some sort of amusement park. Whether the park was still going at that time, or if the board was a forgotten ad, I didn't know. This would have been the era of Magic World, Silver Dollar City, and Porpoise Island in Pigeon Forge, so that's where we went for our amusement instead, also Tweetsie and Land of Oz on some earlier trips. Even have some home movies of Oz.

- Rae Augenstein, Johnson City