Re: Train #s

RICHARD BENTON

Guessing would say trains had superiority by direction with extras being
inferior. I looked at photos in both ET books I have and found several
photos of 11 and 12 displaying white flags (day signals) on special
movements but all other photos show no signals being displayed on the
locomotives. Hope this helps.
Richard Benton
retired locomotive engineer

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM, Lee Bishop <p51@hotmail.com> wrote:

**

I'd asked this earlier but got no responses.
If ET trains didn't have #s, how'd they ID them? Were they all just ID'd
by locomotive #? If so, were they ID'd in relation to where they were
headed ('# 11 Eastbound from JC', as opposed to the same engine coming back
from Cranberry later that day).
I'm starting to figure out operation guidelines for my ET layout and would
need to have a prototypical way to ID the trains running...

--- In Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com, "Lee Bishop" <p51@...> wrote:

Did the ET ever have a blackboard listing of trains on any of their
stations? One of the sketches in "Tweetsie Country" showed one but no
photos are in any book I have (and I think I have them all). Does anyone
have a photo of any train listing boards at any of the stations? I'm
looking to create one for when my On30 layout is done and want to re-create
a ET&WNC one if I can.

Also, did any of the trains have numbers on such a board?