From: RICHARD BENTON <rbenton@cfaith.com>
To: Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, February 5, 2012 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Tweetsie] Steam engine question

Water delivered from tender to boiler by steam injector. Fireman is
usually responsible for that as well overseen by engineer. On coal burners
if fireman is busy shoveling, head brakeman might operate the injector as
directed and finally engineeer would depending on situation. Under all
circumstances, the engineer is the final responsible party.
Richard Benton
Locomotive Engineer-Retired

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM, dick merrill <dick@wt.net> wrote:

**

I know the fireman gets the coal from the tender to the firebox but how
does
the water in the tender get to the engine and who is in charge of it.