From: Ken Riddle <keriddle@yatesind.com>
To: Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:40 AM
Subject: RE: Re: [Tweetsie] Combine #15

They picked a damn good time to retire!!

Ken

From: "sturges or sue bryan" <sosbryan@att.net <mailto:sosbryan%40att.net> >
To: <billbryan@juno.com <mailto:billbryan%40juno.com> >,
<ktnewsome@yahoo.com <mailto:ktnewsome%40yahoo.com> >
Cc: <Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Tweetsie%40yahoogroups.com> >
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 22:02:46 -0500
Subject: Re: [Tweetsie] Combine #15
<mailto:20111128.181704.1645.47567%40mailpop21.vgs.untd.com> >

ONE COMMENT:

SHE OR HE HAS NOT GOT A CLUE ABOUT WHAT THE TRUTH IS ABOUT ANYTHING
REFERRED TO IN THE E-MAIL AND WHEN THIS IS THE CASE THEN NOTHING SHOULD
BE
SAID, MUCH LESS BROADCASTING IT ON A GROUP E-MAIL.

YES, OUR EX. DIR IS RETIRING AT THE END OF THIS MONTH AFTER 30+ YEARS
WITH
THE STATE AND 20+ YEARS AT THE MUSEUM.
THE RETIREMENT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING EXCEPT SHE IS
AT
THAT POINT IN HER WORK CAREER AND HAS EARNED IT.

THE #15 IS BEING WORKED ON BY A VOL. CREW EVERY MONTH AND IS COMING ALONG

NICELY AND WILL REMAIN AT THE MUSEUM AND THE MUSEUM WILL REMAIN OPEN.

WE ARE WORKING WITH THE STATE AND THE LEGISLATURE TO SECURE MORE FUNDING
FOR
THE NEXT FEW YEARS UNTIL WE CAN STAND ALONE UNDER ADMISSION FEES AND
DONATIONS.
WE HAD A MEETING AT THE MUSEUM A MONTH AGO WITH THE HEAD OF THE SENATE
AND
THE HEAD OF THE HOUSE FINANCE COMMITTEES AND SEVERAL OTHER STRONG
LEGISLATORS WHO UNDERSTAND THEY NEED TO HELP MAKE THIS HAPPEN AND ARE
DEDICATED TO WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

TO CORRECT A FALSE STATEMENT. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A FINANCIAL LOSS AT
THE
MUSEUM. YES, THE STATE HAS ELIMINATED FUNDING AFTER THIS YEAR, BUT THE
DEPARTMENT OF CULTURAL RESOURCES AND THE LEGISLATURE RECOGNIZE THAT NO
FUNDING CANNOT WORK OVERNIGHT, AND SEEM WILLING TO WORK WITH US.

THIS KIND OF RUMOR WITHOUT SUBSTANTIATION IS VERY DANGEROUS AND SHOULD
NEVER
BE PUT OUT FOR THE PUBLIC TO SEE WHEN THERE IS NO TRUTH TO IT.

STURGES BRYAN, VICE PRESIDENT
N.C.TRANSPORTATION MUSEUM FOUNDATION

From: Kelly Newsome <ktnewsome@yahoo.com <mailto:ktnewsome%40yahoo.com> >
To: "Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Tweetsie%40yahoogroups.com> "
<Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Tweetsie%40yahoogroups.com> >
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 07:54:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [Tweetsie] Combine #15

Mr Graybeal,

I live in Lexington, NC just a few miles from the Spencer Shops. I've
heard rumors flying around that the museum is going to close if there
is
once again a financial loss in the next year. I have nothing to
substantiate the rumor, but I am aware of some major changes in
management. The position of Director has been vacated and applications
have been received---the ultimate goal of which is to make this a
profitable concern.

Should, heaven forbid, the museum close----what happens to #15? Is it
still housed at Spencer? I just wanted to make sure that someone was
aware of the rumors flying through the community.

I hope that I am causing "no harm" as it is my intention only to raise
red flags of potential issues.

Thanks,

Kelly Newsome

.

60-Year-Old Mom Looks 27
Mom Reveals Free Wrinkle Trick That Has Angered Doctors!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4ed440adde1325d3852st06vuc