Re: Info on UK steam kits

Tuhr Barnes <TuhrBarnes@...>

I would suggest you talk with John Agnew of Railmaster Imports. He
produces in Sn3 and has quite a few kits under his belt.

I model the ET&WNC in Sn3 and have a couple of his 2-8-0 kits. (Any
other Sn3's for ET&WNC?) He produces excellent kits that go together
very, very well.

So far he has produced C-16's, C-17's, C-18's T-12's and SP narrow gauge
ten wheelers along with Pacific Coast/Uintah 2-8-0's and White Pass
Diesels. The frame and drivers come pre-mounted to ensure smooth
operation. He also uses a NWSL gearbox and Sagami can motors.

John's kits run just shy of $500.00 U.S. He also sells RTR versions for
under $900.00. I don't know if he is at all interested in HOn3 or On3
but he is a very helpful individual. Now if you can get him to do it in
Sn3, I would be mightly grateful!

John's E-mail is: John@railmaster.co.nz

He also has a web site at: www.railmodel.org.nz/Sn3/

Last weekend he was in Pasadena for the Sn3 Symposium, I don't know when
he is headed back home.

Tuhr Barnes

From: Bob Webber <rswebber@concentric.net>

I would try Backwoods Minitures - address in the Gaz - he didn't have a a
e-mail address last time. He's made some climaxes in Sn3, Garrats,
etc.from 9mm on up. Great looking stuff. Bob

From: Jim King <jking@ioa.com>

Hi all,

I've read with great interest the various comments about a UK source for
a US-based prototype. Can someone pass on to me the name and email
address to the recommended source(s)? I'm interested in producing an
HOn3 and On3 ET&WNC ten-wheeler in a combination of brass, white metal
and urethane. The mechanism has always been the stumbling block,
particularly drivers, so if we can resolve this issue plus frame and
can-motored drive, I can handle the rest.

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Jim King
Smoky Mountain Model Works