Re: SR 722 ET 208

David Pressley

I can still hear Dale Roberts sniff "she's got a hole in her belly" when the 722 went on display in Asheville. He felt that TVRM would have never let her go if there was a chance of her being made to run again.

David

gledford55 <gledford55@yahoo.com> wrote:
--- In Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Riddle" <keriddle@...> wrote:

Yeah I would take having it in one piece. I am worried about that old
engine.

Ken
I bet that when they get to it, they find that a new boiler course and
maybe even a new boiler is in order. Back in '85 when she last ran, we
heard the ominous rumor that her steaming days were over, cracks in her
belly.

I too want so badly to see her run again.

ledford