Re: #12s Window #12s

David Pressley

I think a broom handle counts as random 'stuff'!

Tim Smith <tweetsieengineer@gmail.com> wrote: Im not sure about that. Most of guys that were there when they did
that are dead now, and the ones that were just remember it being
changed. The windows in the engines are just plain glass any of you
know how easy plain glass breaks. I broke the front door glass out of
12 one day by just laying the broom handle against it.

Tim

On Dec 27, 2007 7:35 PM, David Pressley <notelvis2@yahoo.com> wrote:

Did that have anything to do with the heat coming off the boiler there or
just random 'stuff'?

David

Tim Smith <tweetsieengineer@gmail.com> wrote:
The first window of #12's cab was taken out during the 1979 overhaul.
The main reason it was removed was the windows in the front of the cab
were always getting broken and having to be replaced.

Tim

On Dec 27, 2007 6:44 PM, M. Loven <holtsky@boone.net> wrote:

I'm not sure of the reason, but I believe Frank Coffey made this
modification when the engine went through a major overhaul during
1978/79.

I thought removing the first window made the cab look more modern, kind
of like #190's.

--- In Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com, "Dusten" <Iron_Horse@...> wrote:

Why is the #12s 1st cab window welded shut? I am trying to model her
in On30 and would like to know the reason and origin.
Thanks
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten Barefoot
--