EQMOD EQMOD@groups.ioCurrently only Skywatcher/Orion/Avalon mounts with synscan motor controllers are supported. Other mount types may be supported either by mounting a synscan upgrade kit or by building your own mount controller (AstroEQ).
The EQMOD Project is a community dedicated to the development of a free, open source, PC based ASCOM driver that provides a rich set of mount control functions. Communications to the mount are via RS232 and requires either a RS232-TTL converter or connection to a V3.21 (or later) Synscan hand controller operating in 'PC Remote' mode.
The key features/benefits are:
- Direct Control by any ASCOM compliant planetarium or client application
- Northern/Southern Hemisphere support
- Gotos/Slew at 0.144 resolution (dependent on Mount type)
- N-Star Alignment model
- Gamepad telescope control.
- GPS Support
- Variable Speed Periodic Error Correction (VS-PEC)
- Spiral Search
- Definable Park/unpark positions
- Sidereal, Lunar, Solar & Custom (DEC and RA) tracking rates
- Independent RA and DEC Autoguider speeds
- Slew Speed from x0.1 to x800 sidereal rate
- English, French, Spanish, Italian, Romanian & Dutch language support
- EQMosaic - An ASCOM application for the management of mosaics
- EQTour - An ASCOM application fro Sky Tour planning and navigation
- EQMODLX - LX200 to ASCOM, useful for satellite tracking
- PERECORDER - Automated Periodic Error recording program using webcams
- PECPrep - Periodic Error Analysis program
Click here for Documentation & FAQs
A thankyou goes out to Doug at Shoestring Astronomy for funding our move to groups.io. Please visit http://www.shoestringastronomy.com.
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.