Yellow Warbler in Heather Farm Park, Walnut Creek

rosita94598

Finally had a Yellow Warbler in Heather Farm this morning.  It was the first of the year for me, as I missed seeing one during the spring.  One was seen near the gravel road around the equestrian ring, and another was seen to the left of the gravel boat ramp.  They could easily have been the same bird, the distance not being that great.

One of the young Wood Ducks was also in the open area used by those illegally fishing.  This is the spot along the west walkway north of the gnarly oak.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek