Topics

Yard birding

Derek

The days I’m not out birding I’m often doing yardwork and getting a few species here and there, much improved this year by the fact that we have a nice feeder/bath setup in our front yard. Today I had a handful of Pine Siskin’s sipping out of the bath.    Our local Anna’s Hummingbird population took a dip around four o’clock when a Merlin flew up and perched in a tree across the street and proceeded to have an early dinner.  Talk about mixed feelings as we’ve mostly enjoyed hummingbirds in our yard the last few years.   Merlin with meal in hand photo in link below.

Derek Heins

https://ebird.org/checklist/S75234956/media