White throated sparrow Grayson creek in Pleasant Hill

Alan Bade

It was pretty birdy and sparrow diversity was good along the east fork of Grayson creek today. We had the usual White crowned and Golden crowned, a Song sparrow, 12 Savannah sparrows and re-found a White throated sparrow. We looked for Chipping sparrows that are sometimes here, but didn't find them this time. This is the 2nd time we've seen the White throated during our Grayson creek bird survey, the last time being Nov 30th. Here's today's checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S101503626. The White throated was here: 37.937767, -122.063598. Savannahs were here: 37.937944, -122.064224. However, we didn't have some of the usual raptors we see, surprisingly. On our survey, we walk the EBMUD trail from Oak Park Blvd to Astrid, then check the creek north of the Pleasant Hill Middle school ballfields.

We also had an Orange crowned warbler and a Common merganser along with 3 Hooded mergansers over near Chilpancingo park along the creek: https://ebird.org/checklist/S101503010.

Alan Bade
Pleasant Hill