Topics

Warbling Vireo in Heather Farm Park, Walnut Creek

rosita94598

Just when I thought the spring migration was winding down, I heard and finally saw a Warbling Vireo in Walnut Creek's Heather Farm Park this morning. It was high in the south pine tree between the two equestrian rings at the north end of the park.

Western Bluebirds are still feeding young in their birdhouse. A young Red-shouldered Hawk was cruising around, being chased by blackbirds and others. A Killdeer still sits on her eggs.

I forgot to mention that one day last week I watched 3 River Otters at the south end of the large, mostly natural pond. They were eating something, possibly crayfish.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek