Walnut Creek notes

rosita94598

We have had two Juncos coming to our patio quite a bit the last few days, we are thinking they might have a second family.  It would not be the first time, though at least once the second family was a Cowbird.

These two have been joined by a CA Towhee pair, which we  have not seen around for weeks.  Something must be in the air besides the cold.

It is in Heather Farm Park, too.  Today a Snowy and Great Egret were in the big pond, but I could not find a Green or Night-Heron.  The Red-shouldered Hawk has been calling around and today it was seen on its traditional winter tree to the west of the big hill.  A Red-tailed Hawk was near the private Seven Hills School.

Otherwise, it is pretty quiet in this neck of the woods.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek