Topics

Walnut Creek local interest

This evening there was an Osprey feeding on a fish on a snag at the west side of the Heather Farm natural pond. One piscivore I have yet to see this spring at Heather Farm despite usually seeing one by mid April is Caspian Tern. No ebird reports either, though a couple have been reported recently to ebird for Ellis Lake in Concord.

A crisp white-striped White-throated Sparrow that I spotted on the creek trail in downtown Walnut Creek on 4/7 continues to be seen this week. Digibinned photos from 4/12 and more location details in here:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S67099218

Michael Strom
Walnut Creek