Walnut Creek Birds

rosita94598

The White-throated Sparrow continues in Heather Farm Park as of this morning. It came out of the Coyote Brush very briefly this morning, along with maybe 10 White-crowned and one Golden-crowned Sparrow. This is at the south end of the equestrian area.

In our patio to the north of the park, the Chestnut-backed Chickadees have been showing a marked increase of activity today, leading us to believe that eggs have hatched inside the bird house. Guess I will have to make a run to buy some meal worms tomorrow.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek