Topics

Vega Gull in Concord, CoCoCounty

albertlinkowski

I believe I found an adult "Vega" Gull yesterday, afternoon at Ellis Lakes Park in Concord. Large Larus gulls of several species visit this park from time to time, usually without any regular schedule, and usually stay in the park for a short time, hunting here purely for opportunistic reasons. Nevertheless I was lucky yesterday to take some pictures of this interesting gull before it left the park. Several features indicate in my opinion the Vega Herring Gull, but of course I am considering also the possibility of American Herring, Iceland (Thayer's) and Glaucous-winged x Herring hybrid gulls .Anyway, there is no Vega Gull record for Contra Costa yet.

Albert of Concord Linkowski