Topics

Valle Vista yesterday, Hooded Merganzer pairs, Wood Ducks, White-tailed Kite...

Bev

The Wood Ducks seem less shy with so many coots and other water birds. They were on both sides of the bridge in the full creek. (It's so much better with water.)  Also a juvenile Black-crowned Night Heron, who was trying to pull up stems (of willows) from the water. I'd never seen that before.

Also, a Flicker, Acorn Woodpeckers, 4 Great Blue Herons, Great Egrets....

The Kite was not far from the parking lot, eating someone...

I'm thinking of going back on Sunday around 3. Later seems best.

Bev Von Dohre