Topics

Valle Vista, Moraga, Good birds this week

Donald Lewis

82 species have been reported to eBird this week at Valle Vista, accessed from the VV Staging Area, Moraga. I saw/heard 58 species this morning. Best birds for me were a male-female pair of HOODED MERGANSERS seen in the creek below the bridge and 3 WOOD DUCKS seen from the bridge.

There were several birders enjoying the morning and quite a few families escaping the house. All seemed happy to be out.

If you’re not familiar with Valle Vista, now is a good time to give yourself a treat. Easy walking, varied habitat including woods, meadow, and lake. MDAS had to cancel the bird walk there scheduled for tomorrow but you can go by yourself (EBMUD permit required).

Don Lewis

Lafayette, CA

--
Don Lewis