Topics

Tuesday in Heather Farm Park

rosita94598

It was so quiet in the park this morning that I did not even find a Barn Swallow. Ted Robertson may have, though I have not yet seen his eBird list.

A Red-tailed Hawk was on the Hale Property near the private Seven Hills School. Ted saw it on a power pole, I saw it bird-dogged by a Mockingbird to an oak tree near the houses. Along the equestrian parking lot were Western Bluebird, Titmouse and Chickadee.

The Green Heron was present, along with several small surviving Mallard families. The Canada Geese are having no apparent problems.

The Killdeer family continued on the north ball fields, despite the many activities which occur here; mowing, softball batting practice, off-leash dogs,joggers, Frisbee players and others.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek