Topics

Titmice tappers

judisierra

Above the ambient urban noise of pre-party hip hop music and basketball against backboard from back neighbors yards, I heard tap tapping from my Chickadee box. Out came an Oak Titmouse with wood shavings I had laboriously made. Today there was more tap tapping and ingress of wood bark strips and other plant material throughout the day. While one Titmouse was working hard inside the other would come and poke it's head and peer in. I'm excited that after 3 years there's nesting activity happening. Like Hugh I do wonder what all the tapping is about.

Judi Sierra- Oakland