Thursday in Heather Farm Park, Walnut Creek

rosita94598

Despite waking at 4:30 AM and knowing I will attend a Zoom meeting at 1 PM, I had a very enjoyable morning in the park.  I had my first Yellow-rumped Warbler of the fall and was able to show it to Ted Robertson who came along later.  A Yellow Warbler was in the same location near the eucalyptus trees at the south end of the large, mostly natural pond.  Bushtits galore were around, CA Towhees, WB Nuthatches, a couple of Great and one Snowy Egret, two Black-crowned Night-Herons and the Acorn Woodpecker called near the entrance to the private Seven Hills School.

Hugh B Harvey
Walnut Creek