They are called Charlie Brown and Lucy

Fellapart

They are a mated pair of White-Tailed Kites. We expect to see chicks or evidence of chicks within the next two weeks.

They began nesting the last week of Feb there about and within two weeks we could see activity that indicated eggs in the nest.

This is in a very populated suburban neighborhood and I'm not too sure how my neighbors would take to lots of birders descending here. I've introduced some of my closest neighbors to the nest activity and none are interested.

My driveway is the only vantage point that I have discovered in the neighborhood. I would welcome any birders who wish to observe if they would give me a heads-up email. I check e-mail throughout the day about every 2 hrs.

The Contra Costa County breeding bird atlas section is 585 / 205, near Olivera Crossing.