Topics

Taiga Merlin - Walnut Creek

Annie Vargas

We had a rare surprise visitor to the neighborhood yesterday afternoon at 3
pm - a beautiful Merlin perched atop a conifer at the end of our block in
Rancho San Miguel (Las Felicas x San Benito Dr.). I think that he is most
likely a Taiga Merlin (*columbarius) *based on the heavy breast streaking,
underwing spotting and narrow tail bands, but would love some input from
you all. For reference, we live just blocks away from Heather Farms Park.

Here is the link to four pictures that I snapped before he falcon-zoomed
off:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183140474@N02/albums

Go birds!

Annie Vargas

Statement of Confidentiality: The contents of this e-mail
message and any
attachments are intended solely for the addressee. The
information may also
be confidential and/or legally privileged. This
transmission is sent for
the sole purpose of delivery to the intended
recipient. If you have
received this transmission in error, any use,
reproduction, or
dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If
you are not
the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by
reply
e-mail and delete this message and its attachments, if any.

E-mail is
covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC SS
2510-2521
and is legally privileged.