Topics

Swainson's Hawk - Bethel Island - 4/7

Paul Schorr

Today we followed up on Susana dT's report of 4/6, and drove to Bethel Island where we birded from our vehicle. At the intersection of Cypress Road and Bethel Island Road we saw one, possibly two Swainson’s Hawks. Near the end of Bethel Island Road, we were very surprised to see hundreds of Greater White-fronted Geese in flocks that occupied both sides of the road, but most of the birds were on the east side. In addition, we saw two Loggerhead Shrikes along the road. We did not hear or see any orioles or grosbeaks at the end of the road.

Good birding,

Paul Schorr
Antioch