Topics

Sunol Wilderness

Ken Wilson <kaeagles@...>

I stopped by Sunol Wilderness today on the way home. I hiked the trail that runs adjutant to the creek. The overall activity at 330 was generally low. Did see two Hutton's Vireo and a singing House Wren. Heard but didn't see a couple of Warbling Vireo's and a Spotted Towhee. The cast of usual included 2 California Towhee's, several Scrub Jays and Y-R Warblers, a few Dark-eyed Juncos and Chestnut-backed Chickadees. A saw a Crow gouging wood from a tree, presumably for a nest. On the woodpecker front the Acorn WP was abundant.

Ken Wilson
Pleasanton