Topics

Summer Tanager continues in Oakland's Claremont Canyon on Feb 21

David Quady and Nancy Boas

EBBirders:

Posting as a messenger for Jeff Martin, who can be reached at pelicanday@... if you have questions ….

"I saw the Summer Tanager yesterday, Saturday, February 21 at 11:00 am in Claremont Canyon ... in the same oak tree as seen two years ago.

"Location: Going East on Claremont Avenue, turn left on Stonewall (opposite the Claremont Hotel) and park on the street near the entrance. Two switchbacks up is an overlook with a bench. About 100 ft just before this overlook are a pair of live oaks just to the west of trail. The oak on the right of the pair is the location. The same tree I saw the Summer Tanager a year or two ago."

Good luck!

Dave Quady
Berkeley, California
davequady@...