Topics

South Berkeley Killdeer Overflights at Night

Linda T

We've been repeatedly getting Killdeer flying over at night calling over the last week or so. A couple of times we could hear only a single individual, but the last couple of times there has been a group. Their familiar call is incongruously named the "visual display call" in the new Sibley app. Last night they were here at 10 pm, tonight it was 6:30 pm. We are more or less equidistant from Leconte Elementary, Willard and the fields near Sports Basement though we've never seen nor heard the birds in our part of town.

Anyone know more about these night flyovers?