sordida?

Ethan Monk

This morning at Booker T. Anderson Park in Richmond, I ran into a
singing Orange-crowned Warbler that seemed consistent with the ssp.
sordida, which occurs primarily in Southern California. My
documentation is subpar and my experience with the ssp. very limited,
so this ID remains speculative. I post this to ask that if anyone
visits Booker in the near future to please attempt to document any
Orange-crowned Warblers and post the photos to eBird! The sordida ssp.
of Orange-crowned Warbler has only been conclusively documented a
handful of times in the Bay Area (despite likely occurring much more
frequently than we realize or notice). The bird in question was on
either side of the bridge that crosses the creek, and best I could
tell in the 35 minutes I had in the park before the maintenance crew
arrived, was the only Orange-crowned present. Jack Hayden found a
sordida O. c. warbler here in October of last year, so this could
easily be the same bird.

Also of note at Booker was one Pygmy Nuthatch adjacent Carlson Blvd.
(rare but increasing in the flat part of Richmond) and this morning at
Pt. Isabel a Heermann's Gull harassing Glaucous-winged Gulls.

Ethan Monk