Sora behavior Heather Farm in Walnut Creek

rosita94598

For the third time in two weeks, a Sora came up to the sidewalk to grab seeds I toss for the sparrows.  Today I had a witness in Tracy Farrington.  Pretty crazy, I know--the Sora not Tracy.

We were trying to re-find a Rufous-crowned Sparrow reported yesterday by David Kent.  No luck on that one, but we had the Cal Towhees, Golden-crowned, White-crowned, Song, Fox and Lincoln's Sparrows.  Before the new year, we had two Lark Sparrows in the park, but I have not been lucky to find them since around Christmas.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek