From: Amy McDonald
To: EBB_Sightings@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 2:55 PM
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Solitary Sandpiper in Fremont

Hi all,

I've just heard from Eric Pilotte, that he and Zach Baer have found the Solitary Sandpiper at the golf course near the previously described location. He asked me to post the description in case others are planning on trying to see the bird.

To get to this location, walk past the pond about 100 yards. You'll see the golf course and railroad tracks on your right.

Amy McDonald

We just found it! Starting at the railroad tracks you decribed at their intersection with the main path around the south side of the
lake, it was on a sandy island on a golf course pond seen looking southeast while standing on the top of the railroad tracks. From that
vantage point, you could see a white sign near that island that says 'environmentally sensitive area'.

We're guessing it moves around a bit back there, which is why it's been tough to find!