Topics

Shelter in Place -- 3 White-throated Sparrows!

Graham Chisholm

While starting my sheltering in place this afternoon, I had 3 tan-striped White-throated Sparrows in our yard near San Carlos and Portland Ave in Albany.  We've had at least two all winter since 11/22/19, and only seen the third one one other time in December.

Fortunately there is lots of good birding out our windows for the coming three weeks and I wish all well.  Stay healthy!

Graham Chisholm
Berkeley, CA

--
Graham Chisholm
c. 510-409-6603

Steve Taylor

It’s my understanding we can go outside to exercise provided we go alone????

On Mar 16, 2020, at 3:58 PM, Graham Chisholm <graham.chisholm@...> wrote:

While starting my sheltering in place this afternoon, I had 3 tan-striped White-throated Sparrows in our yard near San Carlos and Portland Ave in Albany.  We've had at least two all winter since 11/22/19, and only seen the third one one other time in December.

Fortunately there is lots of good birding out our windows for the coming three weeks and I wish all well.  Stay healthy!

Graham Chisholm
Berkeley, CA

--
Graham Chisholm
c. 510-409-6603

Edward Vine

Yes that is my understanding too. They have not closed parks.

Ed

On Mar 16, 2020, at 4:35 PM, Steve Taylor <s-taylor@...> wrote:

It’s my understanding we can go outside to exercise provided we go alone????

On Mar 16, 2020, at 3:58 PM, Graham Chisholm <graham.chisholm@...> wrote:

While starting my sheltering in place this afternoon, I had 3 tan-striped White-throated Sparrows in our yard near San Carlos and Portland Ave in Albany.  We've had at least two all winter since 11/22/19, and only seen the third one one other time in December.

Fortunately there is lots of good birding out our windows for the coming three weeks and I wish all well.  Stay healthy!

Graham Chisholm
Berkeley, CA

--
Graham Chisholm
c. 510-409-6603

Derek

Yes, here’s the info

http://www.acphd.org/2019-ncov.aspx

http://acphd.org/media/559658/health-officer-order-shelter-in-place-20200316.pdf

.

From page 3 in the second link:

For purposes of this Order, individuals may leave their residence only to perform any of the following “Essential Activities.” But people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 and people who are sick are urged to stay in their residence to the extent possible except as necessary to seek medical care. i. To engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety, or to the health and safety of their family or household members (including, but not limited to, pets), such as, by way of example only and without limitation, obtaining medical supplies or medication, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies they need to work from home. ii. To obtain necessary services or supplies for themselves and their family or household members, or to deliver those services or supplies to others, such as, by way of example only and without limitation, canned food, dry goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, pet supply, fresh meats, fish, and poultry, and any other household consumer products, and products necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences. Order of the County Health Officer to Shelter in Place Page 4 of 7 iii. To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined in this Section, such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, or running. iv. To perform work providing essential products and services at an Essential Business or to otherwise carry out activities specifically permitted in this Order, including Minimum Basic Operations. v. To care for a family member or pet in another household

Derek Heins

It’s my understanding we can go outside to exercise provided we go alone????

On Mar 16, 2020, at 3:58 PM, Graham Chisholm <graham.chisholm@...> wrote:

While starting my sheltering in place this afternoon, I had 3 tan-striped White-throated Sparrows in our yard near San Carlos and Portland Ave in Albany.  We've had at least two all winter since 11/22/19, and only seen the third one one other time in December.

Fortunately there is lots of good birding out our windows for the coming three weeks and I wish all well.  Stay healthy!

Graham Chisholm

Berkeley, CA

--

Graham Chisholm

c. 510-409-6603

Dana Gallo

See second sentence at top.  If you are above 65 (seems to vary), stay home except for medical reasons.

On Mar 16, 2020, at 4:42 PM, Derek <dlheins@...> wrote:

Yes, here’s the info

http://www.acphd.org/2019-ncov.aspx

http://acphd.org/media/559658/health-officer-order-shelter-in-place-20200316.pdf

.

From page 3 in the second link:

[...]

janet ellis

Would have to vary as I still have to work.

On Monday, March 16, 2020, 5:14 PM, Dana Gallo via Groups.Io <danagallo68@...> wrote:

See second sentence at top.  If you are above 65 (seems to vary), stay home except for medical reasons.

On Mar 16, 2020, at 4:42 PM, Derek <dlheins@...> wrote:

Yes, here’s the info

http://www.acphd.org/2019-ncov.aspx

http://acphd.org/media/559658/health-officer-order-shelter-in-place-20200316.pdf

.

From page 3 in the second link:

[...]

Alan Bade

Our white throated sparrow is also a tan-striped and has been around since late Dec. (I'd love to have three!) And yes, the birding will still be good out our windows.
Stay healthy!
Alan Bade
Peasant Hill

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 3:58 PM Graham Chisholm <graham.chisholm@...> wrote:
While starting my sheltering in place this afternoon, I had 3 tan-striped White-throated Sparrows in our yard near San Carlos and Portland Ave in Albany.  We've had at least two all winter since 11/22/19, and only seen the third one one other time in December.

Fortunately there is lots of good birding out our windows for the coming three weeks and I wish all well.  Stay healthy!

Graham Chisholm
Berkeley, CA

--
Graham Chisholm
c. 510-409-6603

Carolyn Arnold

Healthy people over 65 need to exercise too!  Will be out running and hiking and birding, but keeping a wide social distance.

On Mar 16, 2020, at 5:14 PM, Dana Gallo via Groups.Io <danagallo68@...> wrote:

See second sentence at top.  If you are above 65 (seems to vary), stay home except for medical reasons.

On Mar 16, 2020, at 4:42 PM, Derek <dlheins@...> wrote:

Yes, here’s the info

.
From page 3 in the second link:

[...]

(510) 590-1172 (cell)

Dawn Lemoine

FYI

This morning I met a friend at Claremont Canyon at 7:30am for some birding.  There were quite a few people out walking, everyone keeping a safe distance.  When we arrived back at the entrance at 10:30, big signs were up that the park was closed.  We had to climb over yellow Caution tape to get out.  There's nothing about this on the EB Parks website.

Be safe!
Dawn

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 4:06 PM Carolyn Arnold <carnold@...> wrote:
Healthy people over 65 need to exercise too!  Will be out running and hiking and birding, but keeping a wide social distance.

On Mar 16, 2020, at 5:14 PM, Dana Gallo via Groups.Io <danagallo68@...> wrote:

See second sentence at top.  If you are above 65 (seems to vary), stay home except for medical reasons.

On Mar 16, 2020, at 4:42 PM, Derek <dlheins@...> wrote:

Yes, here’s the info

.
From page 3 in the second link:

[...]

Latest news that I know of:

Will be going out tomorrow and will hope for the best.

Ed

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 4:23 PM Dawn Lemoine <lemonbirder@...> wrote:
[...]

From page 3 in the second link:

[...]

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory