Semipalmated Sandpiper & Golden Plover continue @ Franky D's

Max Laubstein

Hi all,
Today (August 10th), the juvenile semipalmated sandpiper and pacific golden-plover continued at Frank's dump. The plover revealed itself quite quickly amongst one of the large roosts of black-bellieds. After 15 minutes of viewing, it flushed and disappeared amongst the pluvialis pack. I encountered the semi sand at its seemingly regular location along the south end of the dump, making this it's fifth day here, what seems to me to be a remarkably long stop over for a migratory shorebird. Is this long stopover an irregularity influenced by this bird's vagrancy, or have I just underestimated the duration of peeps' migration stopovers?
Max Laubstein