Topics

Semipalmated Sandpiper / Little Stint at Richmond wtp

Mark Stephenson

We were birding with Ethan Monk when he spotted a small peep at the Richmond WTP with the characteristics of either a Semipalmated Sandpiper or Little Stint. At first we were leaning towards Semipalmated but after scope views and studying our photos we think it may possibly be a Little Stint. From our photos the bird has a slight primary projection, and the thin bill has a slight decurvature.Hopefully more folks can see and photograph to help us solidify the ID. Happy Birding,Mark & Lucas Stephenson

On Sunday, September 1, 2019, 12:23 PM, Ethan Monk via Groups.Io <z.querula=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

It appears my first message didn’t send—sorry if it did, here it is again... In 4 ponds nearest to road. Alone with no other peeps, occasionally with killdeer. Photos later. Short bill, no rufous on scaps, etc. Still exploring possibility of Little Stint but I find that very, very unlikely.

Ethan Monk

Aaron Maizlish

The gate to the WTP is locked now. Better luck on Tuesday.

Aaron Maizlish

On Sep 1, 2019, at 1:27 PM, Mark Stephenson via Groups.Io <markstephenson4106=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Ethan Monk <z.querula@...>

If you call the number posted on the side of the gate, they should open the gate and let you in, if anyone wants to chase today.

Ethan

On Sep 1, 2019, at 1:54 PM, aaron.maizlish@... wrote:

The gate to the WTP is locked now. Better luck on Tuesday.

Aaron Maizlish

Sent from my iPhone