From: EBB-Sightings@groups.io <EBB-Sightings@groups.io> On Behalf Of SteveLombardi
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 7:41 AM
To: EBB-Sightings@groups.io
Subject: [EBB-Sightings] Selasphorus Hummers in the 680 Corridor

Regarding the earlier posts about Selas. hummers in Pleasant Hill and Alamo, we currently have at least 5 in our yard in San Ramon and they've been hanging around for a few days.
In past years, we only get one or two and they seem to move on pretty quickly.
There seem to be more Anna's than usual this year as well.
Steve Lombardi
San Ramon

Edward Vine

And same for Berkeley hills - go hummers! Makes our day.

Ed

We've had a similar experience with both hummers in the north county (Tormey).  Selasphorus here 10 of the last 11 days with 4 or 5 at once yesterday.  As below, we usually only see a few that move on quickly.  We are also seeing more Anna's than usual: an 8-port feeder fully occupied with additional birds at supplemental feeders.  While some Anna's are always here, we have not seen anywhere near this many in the previous three years.  It appears to be a good year for hummingbirds!

--
Edward Vine

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Building 90R2002