Topics

Sandwich Tern

Bob Richmond

Seen from the Least Tern sign at the Hayward Shoreline. It was on the NE island in the pond with the Least Tern nest island. This is a restricted area.Viewing is only possoble from the sign. Also it was with 7 Elegant Terns. 60 plus skimmers were around
Bob

Mark Stephenson

I privately emailed the observers that saw the “Sandwich Tern” early today and let them know that a Hybrid/ dark billed elegant would be much more likely than an actual Sandwich Tern. Bob Toleno said it appeared that the yellow bled into the lower mandible further than typical which would point towards hybrid/dark billed elegant. Glad somebody else is on the same page as Lucas and I. (Elegant tern background).  Happy BirdingMark&Lucas Stephenson