Topics

Red-Necked Grebe continues at Quarry Lakes

scflef@...

Today at 10 AM the continuing Red-Necked Grebe was on the northeast side of Horseshoe Lake across from the small pond that's next to the BART tracks. As usual it was diving frequently and staying down for quite awhile, then popping up elsewhere, but always in the company of a small flock of Eared Grebes. This is the same spot that Jerry Ting and I had the bird on 12/15/19.

A Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher was vocalizing as it foraged on lakeside bushes on the narrow strip of land between Horseshoe and Lago Los Osos, an area where we've often found them in past years.

Stephanie Floyd
Fremont