Red-naped Sapsucker - Creek Rd., Brentwood - 1/30

Paul Schorr

For a little over two hours this morning Nancy and I searched for the Red-naped Sapsucker that was reported yesterday (1/29) on eBird by Bruce Brown. Finally, Nancy spotted a sapsucker that flew from the riparian area along Marsh Creek across Creek Rd. and into some evergreen trees just north of a small grove of large pepper trees where Bruce saw the bird yesterday. I was also able to get on the bird and was able to get a photo for identification purposes. There is a small Regional Trails Parking lot located at Concord Ave. and Bacchini Lane. From the parking lot, walk about 0.5 miles north to the sighting location.

Happy birding.

Paul Schorr
Antioch