Topics

Red-breasted Nuthatches - Eagle Ridge Park, Antioch - 9/2

Paul Schorr

During a walk this morning at Eagle Ridge Neighborhood Park in Antioch, Nancy and I encountered a small flock of perhaps six Red-breasted Nuthatches. We first heard the birds and then spotted them in the pine trees at the north end of the park. To the best of my recollection, the only other times that we have seen RBNU in Antioch was during an irruptive year, but I have not heard or read of this being an irruptive year for this species. If someone has information regarding that, please let me know off-line. Thank you in advance.

Eagle Ridge Neighborhood Park is located at the intersection of Greystone and Eagle Ridge Drives.

Good birding,

Paul Schorr
Antioch