Topics

Recent Changes on Website

William Chilson

East Bay Birding Community

I want to apologize to the you for the recent decision to switch EBB Sightings from un-moderated to moderated. The site has been switched back to un-moderated.

EBB Sightings is a listserv operated by the Mt. Diablo Audubon Society (MDAS) to serve the East Bay birding community. The decision to switch the site to moderated was made unilaterally without consulting the East Bay birding community. This was clearly a big mistake.

Going forward, major decisions about EBB Sightings will be made collaboratively with the East Bay birding community. The MDAS Board is working on a new set of guidelines for posting, with the goal of making it once again an enjoyable and educational forum for the dissemination of sightings and other birding information. The Board is interested in finding a member of the East Bay birding community with the technical expertise, interest and time to assume the role of Site Moderator. If you have an interest please contact me or a member of the MDAS Board.

We hope you will continue to post you observations to EBB Sightings. We are committed to fixing the problems. We want EBB Sightings to be a place where you can get timely observation and other birding information.

Graham Chisholm

Bill, thanks for your note, and I was surprised by the level of interest regarding this topic.  Thanks for the decision and providing an update.  Hope you have time to get in the field and enjoy arriving spring migrants. 

Graham

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 4:09 PM William Chilson <billchil@...> wrote:
East Bay Birding Community

I want to apologize to the you for the recent decision to switch EBB Sightings from un-moderated to moderated. The site has been switched back to un-moderated.

EBB Sightings is a listserv operated by the Mt. Diablo Audubon Society (MDAS) to serve the East Bay birding community. The decision to switch the site to moderated was made unilaterally without consulting the East Bay birding community. This was clearly a big mistake.

Going forward, major decisions about EBB Sightings will be made collaboratively with the East Bay birding community. The MDAS Board is working on a new set of guidelines for posting, with the goal of making it once again an enjoyable and educational forum for the dissemination of sightings and other birding information.  The Board is interested in finding a member of the East Bay birding community with the technical expertise, interest and time to assume the role of Site Moderator.  If you have an interest please contact me or a member of the MDAS Board.

We hope you will continue to post you observations to EBB Sightings. We are committed to fixing the problems. We want EBB Sightings to be a place where you can get timely observation and other birding information.

--
Graham Chisholm
c. 510-409-6603