Re Osprey band

Claude Lyneis

Judi:
I looked through my other shots or the Osprey near Pt Isabel and amazingly one shows enough of the band to see the second letter is R, which makes it WR according to your note.  See photo link below.

Claude Lyneis

https://flic.kr/p/2mdXiPe

On Jul 28, 2021, at 8:13 PM, Judi S. <judisierra@...> wrote:

Clyde thanks for the report and photo of the osprey. One of this year's Richmond offspring. Can you read the band? I had a hard time. Should be 2 initials VZ, WR or ZP.

On Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 08:52:57 PM PDT, Claude Lyneis <cmlyneis@...> wrote:

I was out on the SF Bay trail this morning about two after low time not expecting to see many birds but it was better than I had hoped.

My three favorites were an Osprey headed north.  It has a blue band on it left leg which shows up clearly in the photo linked below…

Second was a Great Blue Heron with different markings on its neck and was smaller than most.  Perhaps a juvenile.

As the Heron strolled by a female Mallard gathered all seven ducklings to protect them.

Claude Lyneis
cmlyneis@...
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/lyneisfilm