Pt. Richmond - Golden-crowned Sparrow

Melani King

The last few mornings while birding my neighborhood I've heard the first two notes of a Golden-crowned Sparrow. There is a European Starling that hangs out on the wire in the area where I was hearing this so I assumed it was mimicking it. Apparently I was wrong. Perched on a different wire was a Golden-crowned Sparrow. Migrant? Photos accompany my eBird report. Also of note was a Western Tanager and Pacific-slope Flycatcher.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S87909653

Melani King
Pt. Richmond

judisierra

Several reports today of Golden Crowns. I suspect they're migrants.