Topics

Pine Siskin

John Luther

HI All,

Today, Oct 25, I have a nice flock of over 50 Pine Siskins that showed up at my feeders.  Hope they stay all winter as they did last year.  They sure are eating a great amount of seed and drinking water often.

John Luther
Oakland Hills

Kay Loughman

John,
    Assuming your flock is not the same as my flock, there must be quite a lot of Pine Siskins enjoying feeders in the hills.  I also have around fifty today.  Just one individual on 10/10, then 2-3 on the 18th, 23-24, and a mob today.  Also eating and drinking a lot.  The low humidity might account for the heavy drinking; but these birds don't look like they're starving.  Very long migration? from where?

Kay Loughman
in the hills on the Berkeley/Oakland border

John Luther wrote on 10/25/2020 4:27 PM:

HI All,

Today, Oct 25, I have a nice flock of over 50 Pine Siskins that showed up at my feeders.  Hope they stay all winter as they did last year.  They sure are eating a great amount of seed and drinking water often.

John Luther
Oakland Hills

Douglas Vaughan

Just chiming in with about 30 more, here briefly, about 5 of them at our single seed feeder, then gone. North Berkeley hills.

Doug Vaughan