Topics

Pileated Woodpecker in Redwood Regional Park

Carla

Birders,

On an evening walk in Redwood Regional Park on the West Ridge Trail just
beyond the Tres Sendas Trail around 6:20pm, was treated to the sound of
what I thought to be a Pileated Woodpecker, with intermittent
wuk-wuk-wuking, rising and falling. I could see the silhouette of movement
in the pine forest, then the bird shot out like a bat out of the Yolo
Causeway and circled, showing its rounded wings with white patches enhanced
by the glowing light. Oh, so sweet! The Pileated was further confirmed by
its brilliant red crest that could be seen clearly as it landed in a very
distant pine tree.

eBird list: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59500234

Life is good! ;-)

Carla Din